Areas of Specialty
Confidence and Self-esteem
Frequently Asked Questions
What is online therapy?
Online therapy meets you in your space to help you evaluate all of your options and empower you to find the best path for you to be healthier.
What are the benefits of online therapy?
- Comfort– You can get help where ever you are in the world as long as you have access to internet.
- No commuting– no more stress of traffic or extra time off work. We meet where you are.
- Cost effective– Prices for online therapy are on average 40 to 50 percent lower then in person therapy.
- Privacy– no waiting rooms that you might run into someone or running into me on the street. (By law I would not be able to approach you any way). You and what we talk about is completely confidential.
- Easy access– You can easily contact me through email, but you also have access to tools through my website and newsletters as well. Learn more about different approaches and tools you can try with issues that your facing.
- No long waiting lines or difficult systems to navigate- Want to book an appointment? No need to go on a waiting list or wait on the phone to schedule an appointment. Lets do it now Schedule Appointment
- Open hours outside of normal business hours– Can’t make it Monday through Friday 9 am to 5 pm. Lets find a time that works better for you.
- Able to accommodate individuals who have physical limitations
- Anonymity – Helps ease the anxiety associated with in person therapy.
What to can you get out of online therapy?
- You can talk through situations in order to get a different perspective. Think about other issues you have faced in life and how beneficial it was to move forward after a brainstorming session.
- Work with a specialist who has been trained specifically in the area of mental heath and holistic approaches. If you had stomach pains you wouldn’t ask a friend to take a look at it. Your mind deserves the same respect.
- Talk to someone outside of the situation who is objective and nonjudgmental.
- Identify of the thoughts that are cycling through your mind, and work through what purpose they are serving you.
- Receive support in knowing that you are not alone in what you are going through.
- Assistance in processing the emotions you are dealing with on a day to day basis.
- Learn more tools to help you implement the changes in your life that would like to see.
- In the first session we will work together to get a better understanding of where you are and build the goals for which you would like to accomplish in therapy.
Is online therapy as helpful as in person therapy?
Research has shown that online therapy is just as effective as in person therapy. You can read more about the effectiveness in this evaluation of multiple research studies on online therapy.
Who is appropriate for online therapy?
Online therapy is not adequate enough support for anyone experiencing hallucinations, in a psychotic episode, or actively suicidal. If you are experiencing any of those stated please contact your local crisis resources.
If you need information for the local resources in your community check point’s global mental health resources or the international association for sucide prevention have the number to crisis lines all over the world.